How to help deal with a perscription drug addiction?

I have a girl friend that has a daughter that use to be a very responsible person, never drank a sip of alcohol or did any kind of drugs in her life but now with in the past few years she has gotten medication from her doctor that is making her seem like a zombie! Does not spend the loving time with her children like she use to, just sits around the house doing a lot of nothing. My friend thinks she is abusing the medication and wants to help her daughter get out of this state. She is very sad to see her daughter this way and to have her grand babies grow watching this! Any one have any ideas on how to get this through to a person like this or where to get the help my friend wants to desperately find to help her daughter?

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Health

• so sorry to hear you are going thru this. i would recomend talking with the doctor that is giving her the prescriptions. there is a world of info on the web. you might want to check out; http://www.prescriptiondrugaddiction.com/resources.asp

best of wishes

vainco

Answer by vainco at 5:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2009