Naughty Kids

I'm in disstress ladies over my two disobedient children,my other kids behave a whole lot better the others these two give me grief.. We went to church today and the kids preceded to kick each other,swear,they kept saying the sh word and the a word.I repeatedly asked them to stop and not to talk but to listen,so as you can imagine it didnt stop till I repeated 100'xs.. My son went to primary I teach his class and he was awesome until we went to sharing time,while thier he decided to be diruptive poking the other children,talking laying down across the chairs. I warned him and told him the consequences would be harsh if he didnt stop..I ended up calling my husband to come pick him up dragging him out the church and to the curb for hubby to pick up. He cried and insist he was listening and I told him that he may have been,but he was disturbing others.. I need my kids to obey,what am I doing wrong? Other kids obey their parents..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• From the last post it sounds like one has gotten his way, you state, "they want to get you mad enough to take them home", so what happened.. you got mad enough to have dad pick the worst one up.. so he got his way, no matter the punishment at home HE STILL GOT HIS WAY... Bottom line, no matter the behavior, he or she or they do NOT go home until mommy does, punish them at church even if you have to have someone else take over your class or have someone else watch your child/children stand in the corner or clean baseboards for the bad behavior.. Keep soap with you and take them to the bathroom for the bad words AT church if this is where the behavior is happening. By taking them home, they have won no matter the punishment later. Once they understand that no matter the behavior this is what will happen and can't go home they will straighten up.. Hope this helps mom..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• are you LDS? lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• some kids just give us grief, and it sounds like your doing the best that you can. keep up with good discipline and consistency!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Yes I'm LDS..
    Anonymous

• OK. where is the discipline. Behavior has to have consequences from both you and dad. If you cannot discipline without dad you will never be respected. Dad can't be the disciplinarian and you can't just pass the buck.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I didnt pass the discipline to him I had him pick up my child take him home and talk to him,I cant just leave my primary class thier,,I disciplined him at once I got home this was after the fact that I pulled him out of class and made him stand their,which by the way is what he wants,sadly my youngest is 8 and extra stubborn.. I'm the one that disciplines the kids way more than the hubby. I took his games away for the week and he doesnt get to play with anyone during the school week..But again this isnt working cause he acts out at church usually in sharing time.. I think I just have the case of an extremely spirited ind independant child that wants things his way.. I need someone to help me figure out a way to get passed all this.
    Anonymous

• Before I explode and combust on his butt! Believe me many moms are commending me for my disciplline and standing on solid ground with my two stubborn kids.. Thiers just got to be a light at the end of the tunnel isnt thier?
    Anonymous

• Um.....you ASKED him to stop and then became upset because he chose not to? Asking gives that option.

No matter where you are....TELL them to stop. They don't stop, send their butt to the corner to stand until they decide to behave. Why wasn't he disciplined the first time he said "shit"? You "asked" him to stop, but didn't do anything about it! How can you expect them to listen to you when they know you're not really going to do anything.

Fine, his toys were taken away. And at the end of the week, he knows he's going to get them back. Whoop-ti-doo!! Make him earn them back! He can have them back if he does as he's told and BEHAVES for the entire week. Taking away privileges doesn't work unless there is some consequence!! They know they'll get it back, so what...they get it back and do the same thing all over again!!!
    Anonymous

• I already understand about giving kids choices,and consequences,you tell them the first time what will happen if they keep up their behavior,then follow through. The other kids got soap in their mouths when I got home for swearing. I know what the kids are trying to do they're trying to get mommy mad enough at them to leave church and take them home where they will be punished,well thats not gonna happen,because then they will have got their way.I need WISE suggestions on how to get my kids to behave at church without disrupting everything and everyone.. Things that have worked for parents..
    Anonymous

• Thank Youmidnightmomma for your loving help.. Yea I shouldnt have taken him home I usually dont do that I think my patience is just wearing thin,you know?! I wont be doing that ever again and will try what you mentioned ty..
    Anonymous