Red Haired People - Some Thoughts?

I'm wondering...

how many of you have red haired kids and neither you nor your spouse has red hair?

and how many of you have red hair but your kids do not?

how do you feel about your situations?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mine when they were little had red in their hair. But as they grew it went away, My FIL is a red hed and my Great G-Pa was also. I guess thats where it comes from? Somewhere down the family line
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I have red hair and all three boys have shades of brown.:(
    My husband's uncle and his wife have no red that they know of in their families, but have a redhead daughter. She is definitely his kid, she looks just like him.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I had red hair when I was younger. (now my red is out of a bottle!) All three of my kids have blond hair. They are natural blonds through their dad's line.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I have red hair but none of my 4 kids do. 1 is blond and the rest are dark brunette like their father. .
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 4:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• hubby and I are both dirty blonde, and both our kids are redheads. They are the only redheads so far in this generation (of our families) and there was only one with red hair in our generation (my and hubby's siblings and cousins), so I think its funny that it just popped up in our family.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 5:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I had red hair. Then it got auburn, then brown then it got really dark and then by 16 I had my first grey hair. I dye it blond cuz my hair is really grey all over.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I love red hair especially with dark brown eyes or green and then blue.

But I know about what you are saying I guess it depends on way back in the ancestory genes. I once knew a girl she was from the carriabean islands somewhere she had a baby with a white dude he came out with blonde hair and green eyes

they did not look like they were related then years later she met a black dude you would think the baby would have came out dark skin (or medium) with dark hair this baby was white skinned and with very red hair  Her grandmother said that way back when in their genes some one in the family had white skin with bright red hair. So I'd blame the genes of way back when.

Anonymous

• im more of an auburn as my mom and both of my grandmas..only my daughter has strawberry blond hair my boys are more of a dirty blond/lt brown. im sure my daughter will out grow her pretty strawberry hair. my husband is a dirty blonde but his mom had fire red hair none of her kids have red hair
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I was born with red hair. It's now an auburn/mousey brown/dirty blonde shade. I have been called all three (I don't color my hair). My son has strawberry blonde. My parents have dark brown hair.
    Anonymous

• I have auburn hair (my Dad has beautiful bronze hair), my husband has red hair and three out of four of our kids have red hair.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2009