Ear infections

My 1 year old daughter has had a never ending ear infection since July. She had tubes put in 3 weeks ago has been on antibiotic ear drops ever since and oral antibiotic meds for a week. She still has the infection. What else can I do to help my poor baby?

tdawn_21

Asked by tdawn_21 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 4 (-22 Credits)
  • Pain mangment in children is often neglected by doctors.  This is a pain med for ear infections that most docs don't bother with unless you ask about it.  I don't know if you remember what an ear infection feels like but I do and its hell.

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-14782-Auralgan+Otic.aspx?drugid=14782&drugname=Auralgan%20Otic

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Just want too add: Ear wax really isn't a bad thing and sticking Q-tips into your kids ear everyday is just pushing and introducing bacteria into the ear. Just saying in case you don't know.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I dont stick the qtip in her ear. But hers is major drainage that run down the side of her face. It fills up the entire hole of her ear. It cakes around her earrings. When she wakes up in the moring it has her hair glued to her head!
    tdawn_21

Answer by tdawn_21 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• That sucks. Did the tubes help at all?
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• not at all she has had an ear infection ever since. Heck she had an ear infection when she got the tubes. My son has tubes and very rarely has an infection now.
    tdawn_21

Answer by tdawn_21 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• It's definitely time to talk to the doctor again!!
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I agree with anon...or maybe a different docs opinion.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2009