i have a question. about my dog, he's not eating or drinking water, he shakes alot and wants to be left alone and not bothered with. ( he's not like that he always wants to play) and he cries at times.

I was wondering if anyone knew what that meant. I called my vet, But I have to wait for them to get back to me, back on monday because they are not open this week-end.

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 5:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Pets

• I would certainly try to find an emergency Vet for him today. Call the Vet's office, there should be an answering service. Tell them you need the On Call Vet to call you ASAP. He sounds like there is definitely something wrong. Poor guy.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Is he an outside dog or inside dog?Has he been around any other dogs that have parvo or a person who's had a dog with parvo?Is your dog vomiting,diarrhea?

Anonymous

• we brought a dog home from the pound once and after a few weeks we noticed he started acting strange...loss of appitite..shaking..wanting to be left alone. It all happend so fast..on the 3rd day (of noticing the strange behavior) he was vomitng and acting like he was dizzy when i got home from work that after noon to take him to the vet i found him dead...it was sad..they said it was parvo and he probably had it for a while and there wouldnt had been anything they couldve done to help him with him being so sick
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• how old is the dog? a puppy or an adult?
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• He'a a little dog , but he's 5 yrs old. thanks everyone.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 6:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• has anything changed in your household? anything scare him? Like bad weather recently or anything strange going on in your house?
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• my mother in law adopted a dog and the same things happened... with her dog he was oh gez i forgot what they called it. But im sure that he's not a new addition to the family. Talk to the vet or even and animal shelter they might be able to give u some pointers.. but i would get him into a vets
    hstib_19

Answer by hstib_19 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• not saying this is the case but when my dog broke her foot the first signs was besides limping and such was not eating or drinking and shaking which the er vet said was signs of pain. Ansd while it was healing if she was in pain she's whine occassionally, shake, and refuse all food and water. Def. call an er vet and take the dog in. Sorry let us know what happens.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• How is he today? Were you able to get him to the vet? I hope he is okay.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 8:05 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• maybe his stomach has flipped!!! Sometimes this does happen to dogs...it happened to my small dog bc she ate something that she shouldnt and we didnt know until she stopped eating or wanting water or for us to mess with her! She would also cry at times..please take your dog to the vet asap! Sometimes it can be corrected sometimes not...good luck and i hope your lil guy feels better
    Anonymous