Do you ever dread answering the phone . . .

even when it is someone close to you? I swear lately almost every time my sister calls, she is bitching about something! She just called and said "What are you doing?" and I said that I was trying to do some things while my daughter was sleeping, so she says "Do you have a couple of minutes so I can bitch?" This is the same first thing she said like the last 3 times she called. When she comes here, she bitches and moans about her husband the whole time and has quite a potty mouth that I'm tired of her using in front of my daughter. I can't even open my windows when she's here, because I don't want my neighbors to hear her yelling and cursing constantly. I swear the F word is a larger part of her life than water. And no matter how many times I tell her to be quiet, she starts again within like 15 minutes. Ahhhh, finally, my chance to bitch! She's such a debbie downer anymore.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh, yeah! My closest friend has been driving me nuts lately, so I've put a temporary stop to phone chats with her. She only calls to talk about herself, and when I try to tell her what's going on over here, she lets herself get distracted by the TV or computer and doesn't listen to what I'm saying. On the rare occasion she actually asks about me and my Men, she tries to make me feel bad for talking about what my Son has been doing and His accomplishments, just because her kid isn't doing those things..that frustrates the crap out of me - I mean, she asked! Ridiculous.

Rant over. =P
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 6:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• When my MIL was close to death and when my son was going through his divorce. Nothing happy there.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• yeah thats why i changed my number
    Anonymous

• eh.. my cousin in law will call and everytime time we talk for 5 minutes then she spends the rest 30 minutes talking directly to her day the whole time ..she lives with him even though shes 28 ...she takes care of him .. but she never talks she just asks me how i am and how my kids are then its done.. such a waste of my time..plus is i dont answer she will call back to back till i do.. i took a shower today and got out and she had called 14 times.. it was a shower ..not a long bath.. you figure it out... so ya.. i keep my phone on vibrate at all times.. i hate the ringer...
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I put my DH on a different ring, he's the only one who really needs to reach me. This why I love text messaging, its just a quick, to the point piece of info with out all the small talk.

Anonymous

• Yes, especially when it's my daughters friend wanting to know if she can come over. She has AWSOME timing and calls when I am tired, about to fix dinner, about to go out, etc.
    OP, have you tried calling your sister, just to bitch? And bitch loudly? Maybe use the 'I have a friend' bit, and describe what she does to you. Ask her what you should do. As for her cursing, have a water bottle handy, and squirt her with it when she starts. If you have already asked her to stop, and she can't respect that, then squirt her. I liked the "I swear the F word is a larger part of her life than water", that's cute.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I hate it when our phone rings.
    I turned the ringers down to the lowest volume so it won't bug me anymore. If I am busy and don't feel like rushing to answer it I'll just let the answering system take a message and I'll check it later. If it wasn't important, which most of them aren't, then there won't be a message. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Tell her that she needs to sign up to a blogging site and leave the bitching to her blogs.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Caller ID is my best friend. ;)
    Anonymous

• And at least your sister asks what you're doing - the friend I wrote about earlier doesn't even say that or give me so much as a "Hey!" before she starts blabbing about her boy drama..I hate when single moms care more about their social/sex life than their kid, and she's one of them. I'm glad there are single moms that DON'T care about that crap..they need to teach the ones like my friend a lesson!

I'm done..promise. ;D
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 11:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2009