how do you sort and go through stuff?

do you go by room by room? whats your process of elimination?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I go section by section....I can't do a whole room at once.
    For instance, in our office I have my own area so to organize and minimize I would begin with the bookshelf and work my way through that to the desk, to the stack of drawers, and then to the file cabinet, which is pretty much organized anyway.
    Another day I will go to the other end of the office where we have a whole wall of shelves for our dvd's, but I store some other things on the lower shelves, too, so I'll spend a day organizing those lower shelves.
    Same thing in our bedroom - I'll do my drawers and clothes one day, my husband's drawers and clothes another day, the bookshelf a separate day, and the rest of the closet (minus the clothes) on another day.
    I know it takes longer, but broken down, it doesn't become overwhelming and the tasks are manageable. Plus, when done regularly, it doesn't take as long. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I do go room by room. If I don't know what it is, or what it is for, I toss it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I do go room by room, because it makes the task a lot less daunting. There's a keep pile, trash pile, give away pile. Each item goes into a one pile or the other, and nothing gets left undecided. That's how I do it. I start at one side of the room and work my way around.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2009