At what point did you first feel your baby move?

At what point did they frist move? And then at what point did you feel a proper first kick?

leah_rai

Asked by leah_rai at 5:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my first, I couldn't tell you when I felt the first movement because I didn't quite know what to look for. But I felt the first kick when I was taking a bath around hmm...16-18weeks. Now I'm pregnant with my second and I absolutely felt a flop about the size of an egg way low in my pelvis at a time where there was no gas etc. to confuse that with at 8 weeks, 2 days. I know the baby is smaller than an egg at this point, but I figure there were some vibrations that encompassed the sac and that would be about right. I felt another flop the other day in the same place. I know I won't feel any proper movement for quite a while longer. But this being my second and knowing what to look for, having a more stretched out uterus and not being overweight makes it a little easier.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 6:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I was about 16 weeks when I felt a little fluttering. Then at about 20 weeks there was a lot of kicking and I could see my tummy moving at about 22 weeks.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 6:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• at 14 weeks is when i felt mine .. but this is my third pregnancy .. i know what to look for but with my first i didnt know till the doc told me .. i thought it was gas ..lol..
    JenniferPawlik

Answer by JenniferPawlik at 9:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• With my DD, the first time felt her kick I was between 4-5 months (didn't know what to look for before that). And after she started, she didn't stop till she came out! lol
    lilmama2be

Answer by lilmama2be at 8:37 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• With my singles, 15-16 weeks. With my twins, 10 weeks.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 10:34 AM on Dec. 7, 2009