how would you feel if your friend started dating the guy who raped you?

this guy raped me 7 years ago and im still not over it, my friend pretends it didnt happen and claims to be in love with this guy. every time she mention him or brings him around its like nails on chalk board....i just want to rip him a part and decapitate certain areas with a rusty butter knife....he advice when i said that he makes me uncomfortable is i need counseling and learn to deal with him...im not going to learn to deal with him or any other dirtbag that has hurt me ot my kids...this guy used to be my land lord and came in one night at 2 am and raped me in my own bed with my 2 yr old in the next room...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• When a friend BRINGS around the person that raped you... it's time to realize they're not friend of yours.
    You may need help, most victims do... but she's the one right now who really needs help because she's in denial or something seriously wrong. When you see your friend go thru hell or even imagine your friend go thru hell because of someone doing that... why would you even become friends with the person who hurt your friend, let alone develop a romantic relationship with them.
    I'd drop this friend and find some that you can depend on to not deliberately hurt you.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• * her advice not he advice
    she thinks we all should get along...
    Anonymous

• was he arrested for this?
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• im sorry but I think it may just be time to drop her as a friend. I cannot believe she would even fathom being in a relationship with a rapist especially if he raped her own friend!! It was my friend that did that I would drop her. You dont need the added stress or them flaunting their relationship around you. Im sorry that happened to you. GL
    Anonymous

• yes he was and out already it was his first offense even with paper work she is stil in denial and thinks he is the best guy ever..right and after i pressed charges he tried suing me for damages that i didnt make in the house, thank god the cop showed up to testify im my behalf saying i was clean and didnt drink or use drugs, which this land lard claimed i did..
    Anonymous

• I dropped the friend. I had a friend pull this shit. I couldn't take it so I told her never to mention his name again. I later found out that she cheated on her now boyfriend with this a**hole and I lost it. I told her never to speak to me again because no friend would EVER willingly have sex with the guy who raped a friend. Don't put up with it. She isn't your friend if she is willing to put you through this hell.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 5:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• That's not a friend if she won't support you during this time. She's not very smart if she falls for his bs. I would no longer be friends with her. I found out my rapist won a place in our high school's Hall of Fame! It's a place of HONOR. I contacted the school and told them that I thought they were nuts for honoring a rapist. The alumni association said nice things to me (we're sorry it happened, blah blah blah) but they still inducted him. I did find out several of my friends boycotted the Induction Dinner. THAT is what friends do. They support you, not the rapist.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• sorry but this person is no friend,shes crazy telling you to get help SHE NEEDs help! stay away from her
    Anonymous

• Dump her sorry butt as a friend. She is full of crap to believe that he is innocent. Dump her.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• She is so dumb. I applaud you for your courage. Please stay away from these whack jobs. She will regret marrying him.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2009