How to get my family off my back about having a baby!?

Hello everyone! My name is Mckenzie, I'm 27 and have been married to my husband Ian for 3 years now. Anyways, we've been together since we were 17, and always knew we wanted at least 2-3 children. 3 of my friends have gotten pregnant in the past year, and one had a baby girl, so I caught baby fever immediately. We always talked about having a baby before I turned 30, so we started trying. I have had 2 miscarriages in the past year, both before I've reached 10 weeks, and we don't seem to get any sympathy for our losses, just that we should try again. My mother is constantly calling and asking me if i've visited any fertility clinics, or plan to. His mother also is always pestering me about getting her perfect grandchild. It's going to be even harder with the holidays coming up shortly, we just want a break form all this baby pressure, especially since we have had such bad luck :/ any suggestions?

McKenzie_Kl

Asked by McKenzie_Kl at 5:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• that sounds terrible, i'd just tell them you're working on it. no more stress about it, it's bad for you and your relationship. it'll happen when it's supposed to.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• i had 2 miscarraiges before i had my son one 7 wks and the other 10-12 wks. I would wait atleast 8 months if you had to have surgery and atleast 6 if your doctor said just to let the fetus pass...just to give your body time to heal.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• just tell them you guys are trying but its under doctors orders
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• i would tell them to back off. seriously. just say it.
    besides, creating more stress for you doesn't make it easier to make a baby!
    sometimes when you least expect it...good things happen ;-)
    happy baby making!
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2009