Stay at home moms jobs?

For those of you that stay at home, What do you do for work? Is there any legitament jobs out there that you can do at home??? please be honest!! I cant find anything thats even worth trying. Let me know what you guys think!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There are many many many legitimate opportunities for anyone that wants to work from home. However, you first need to decide whether you wish to find an at home JOB or a home based business. Most of the WAHMs on here have home based businesses. A home based job is in many ways like a job outside the home, you work for someone else, when and how they say, and you will have restrictions like what, you can and can't do, where you can and can't work from and the like. BUT a home based job will pay you per hour or per job and will not have any fees. A home based business will give you the option of being your own boss. You make the rules as to when and how you work your business, you get additional tax deductions and have much more freedom! However, with a home based business your income in generally commission based, just as it would be if you owned a business outside the home like a store or restaurant would. And there are fees.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• i own a business making baby items and planning partied and making party favors.. plus i do small jobs online..email me for that link..i tried everything but ameriplan..mealeuca..pay sites..surveys..nothing it worh it.. i sell tupperware and mark. online and on ebay also
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Sorry, I ran out of room...

All real home based businesses will have fees. This is just normal! It does NOT mean they are a scam! Fees for a business should be expected! You wouldn't expect to open a restaurant w/o ever paying fees and you shouldn't expect to open a home business without them either. Normal fees for a home business could be as low as $20-$30 or as high as a few hundred depending on what you get for that fee. You should also expect to have some kind of overhead, even if the company doesn't talk about it! Many companies do not list an overhead, however, it's always there. You will have to pay for advertising like flyers, business cards and even things like catalogs or demo items for parties - this is your overhead! Myself, I prefer to stick with companies that are honest about overhead costs upfront!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I have a home business and I run a website with some great home based jobs and other home businesses. There you will be able to find just about anything you need. My income is not from my website however, it comes solely from my business. I'm with Ameriplan. And I can tell you that ANYONE willing to work at it can make this business great! We have great benefits, daily pay and incredible training!

My Ameriplan website has all the information about what we do, who we are and how you can build a business with earnings in the 6 figure range in as little as just 3-5 years! Make sure you check it out before you do anything else! www.ThisIsAP.com

You should also check out my other website for Job information and lists! There are many companies there, if a business isn't for you, I know you will find something else there. www.SabrinasCloset.info

Contact me if you need anything!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I'm a SAHM mom and my husband goes to work. There are lagitimate Medical Billing and Medical Filing jobs that some hospitals allow you to do at home. Contact your local Human Resources department at the Hospital and see if they have anything like that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• My brother does the KGB thing. It is a texting question thing...maybe you have seen the commercials on the TV. He just does it here and there when he has some spare time and he can make about 300 dollars extra a month for really not doing a lot of work. It is all online and they have a database to pull answers to the questions he gets. He likes it and he tells me some of the crazy questions he gets and he says he laughs a lot when he does the job. Maybe something to look into if you want a little extra spending money.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2009