Do you think there should be a law banning multiple abortions?

Considering that 93% of all abortions are for SOCIAL REASONS (meaning, the child is unwanted, inconvenient, etc) and 47% of all abortions are performed on women who have had AT LEAST ONE PREVIOUS ABORTION.

Do you think that there should be guidelines or laws made regarding multiple or second abortions? Do you think the only time a woman can have a second abortion is if she is at risk for her or the baby's life (which is only 6% of cases) or because of rape or incest (which is only 1% of cases)?

(All abortion numbers are derived from pro-abortion sources courtesy of The Alan Guttmacher Institute and Planned Parenthood's Family Planning Perspectives. - http://www.abortionno.org/Resources/fastfacts.html and http://www.guttmacher.org/sections/abortion.php?scope=U.S.%20specific)

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 6:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that an abortion is a women's right, I don't believe in abortions but that doesn't give me the right to take someone else's choice away. I have never been in a position to need or want one so I have no right to judge someone else's decision
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 6:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Yes, absolutely without a doubt Yes
    Anonymous

• I think that " abortion is a woman's choice" is a bunch of bologna. It's not the womans body that is dying. I think since they won't just ban them completely I think that there should atleast be resrictions on them. No more than one because that is just being careless, and only in extreme circumstances like rape, risk of death, or incest.
    audreyhv6207

Answer by audreyhv6207 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I had an abortion at 17 at planned parenthood. The doctor had a discussion with me about BC and gave me an Rx. Planned parenthood also covered half the cost of my BC. I don't think there should be a law against it but maybe a mandatory hour class on BC before an abortion. Also, all you would have to do is lie, there's no data bank keeping track of everyone's abortions.

Anonymous

• No.
    How many days did you work in the medical field ? Show me the links what would support your claim that 93 % of all abortions are performed for social reasons.
    I personally have worked in the ob/gyn field more then 15 years and can say it is just not true.
    Anonymous

• I also believe abortion is a womens right. I'm not about using it for birth control but I believe abortion is okay for some of the time. I have never myself had one or even been pregnant, but there are certain examples i can think of that I would have an abortion.. if i was raped, incest, or a serious health issue with my child. So who is to tell me "sorry you had one thats your limit?"
    Thats my opinion though.. Not here to argue with anyone just stating my mind!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• 47% of all abortions are performed on women who have had AT LEAST ONE PREVIOUS ABORTION

Could you please state your source. That just doesn't seem right to me. Not trying to bash you, just curious.
    Anonymous

• Sorry OP didn't notice your link.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely NOT! If you don't like/agree with abortions don't get one, but stay out of other womens business. It's a personal choice theat everyone needs to make for themself.
    Anonymous

• While I read this question my mind just kept thinking of all of the people in this world who cannot have children and would love to raise a child and give all the love and a good home and a chance to live in this world. I believe everyone has a constitutional right to make their own life choices, but I also think about the fetus's life. I wish before a woman would get an abortion that she would consider the other side of the story, rethink about her choice, and consider giving that child a life, I'm sure he/she would be thankful that you chose life.
    Alicia10-2-08

Answer by Alicia10-2-08 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2009