8 months pregnant at my wedding?

Hi ladies, i'm 28 and engaged to my long time boyfriend Derek. Our wedding date is set for June 12th, 2010 and I've found my perfect dress and have gotten myself and everyone so excited.

however last week my fiance and i found out i am about 10 weeks pregnant. i'm suspecting i waited too long in between my bc shots, so that leaves me with being very pregnant, a little over 8 months at our wedding! I would feel comfortable about hiding my baby bump at 3-4 months, so i'm starting to think about moving the wedding way up, so i'm not waddling down the aisle. however i'm even more afraid about telling his very conservative family. they're all nice, and we get along well, but i dread to think what his mother and dad will think of this little mishap. not sure what to do- move the wedding up, walk down the aisle pregnant, or push the wedding back even further? help!

Sarahdanielle.9

Asked by Sarahdanielle.9 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You are 28, have your day anyway you wish.If you want to wed in your perfect dress move it up to Valentine's day.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 7:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I would move it up, or wait. You'll be exhausted from planning the wedding & getting read for the baby.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 7:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• i'm not sure what to tell you about the wedding, but you are about to get married anyways (if you think getting preggers before marriage will be their concern), so really that should be much of an issue! you are about to spend your life with this guy, so, so what if you got pregnant before making the marriage "official" ya know?! You are 28, a grown woman, it's not a teenage pregnancy crisis lol Good luck with your pregnancy and the wedding :o)
    if you dont want to waddle down the aisle, you can always move the wedding up to when you are a couple months post partum!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I would not get married at a little over 8 mos pg, for the simple reason that your edd is an estimate. It is quite possible to deliver within a few weeks on either side. By planning your wedding during the month leading up to your edd, you risk missing your own wedding because you are in L&D having a baby. A lot of people will tell you that first babies are often late, but I wouldn't want to bet on this with so much time, money, and energy invested in a wedding! I would either move the wedding way up or move it after the birth. As for his parents: well, what are you going to do? You're 28, he's an adult, you're having a baby, they will have to deal with it. Congrats and hope you enjoy both your new baby and your upcoming wedding!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Well if you have been with Derek for a long time his family should realize that the 2 of you are serious about each other (especially if you have been engaged a while) and not think that you are only getting married because of the baby. If his parents are very conservative people you may want to consider moving the wedding up. If you do move the wedding date up, you may want to tell them that you love their son, and can't wait to marry him, the baby is an unexpected but welcome 'bonus'. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a lovely wedding and congrats on your baby-to-be!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Maybe his family is against having children before marriage, but who cares!!! They will love that child as soon as he/she is born and never say a single word to you about your decisions. My advice is to wait to get married, only because you do not know how you are going to look pregnant. I am not trying to be offensive to you, I am just saying when I was pregnant I gained about 85 pounds and I looked like an elephant. It took my body about 7-8 months to get back to my regular clothes. My daughter is 14 months old now and I weigh exactly one pound more than I did before I got pregnant.
    I am still not married, but that is because I am finishing up college first and if I was married I would get NO grants for school, now I get half of my school paid for in grants, so when I am done I will only owe half of my college money to be paid back.

I hope what you decide to do is for yourself not for others.
    Alicia10-2-08

Answer by Alicia10-2-08 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I would wait until after or move it up. Remember you can't change your wedding day once it's over. So all I'm saying is it should be the best way for you. These other ladies have some good points too.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• i would move it up. don't take this the wrong way..... but the belly is not the only thing that will grow. If I had any sort of event when i was 8m prego.... i would have looked like a balloon (face, arms)...... and i would have ripped up the pictures!!!

I would move it up.. and tell them the reason.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I'm in the same boat as you. We hadn't set our date when we got pregnant. And we planned to get pregnant. So I think maybe we were more interested in family starting than wedding. But now we want a wedding. AH!

On the conservative family: I have experience.

We just told them. We were SUPER enthusiastic when we told them. And HE told his conservative parents and I was responsible for telling my mean mother. Telling the fam is ALL about the presentation.

"We are so happy we get to share this great news with you. You're going to be grandparents!"
    "Are you ready for the best Christmas present ever? You're getting a grandbaby!"

Chances are, you're going to get a ton of cool baby gifts for Christmas now.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Speaking from experience, DO WHATEVER YOU WANT. IF IS YOUR WEDDING!
    Anonymous