cleaning a mattress that has been in the garaget for months?

My boyfriend and I had to move out our apmt when he lost his job last yr...we brought a beautiful bedset and mattress and due to not having enough money we stored everything inside my parents garage,now we will be moving Jan 1st..... im so scared abt all the fumes inside the mattress tht dont have smells, especially the harmful gasses....I was thinking abt taking the mattress out in the sun for a few days, but its been raining....any suggstions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Lots of lysol!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 7:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Omg relax. It's fine! Borrow an electrolux or kirby vaccum and just vaccum the mattress on both sides. Both those machines pull underneath the surface. If it's been in a garage it's probably just fine.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• i was thinking about calling sears to come clean it..lOL am i over parinoid??
    Anonymous

• yes you are lol if youre not moving till jan1st you will have atleast one day where there is sun im like 99 percent sure.
    audreyhv6207

Answer by audreyhv6207 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I'd be more worried about mold or bugs burrowing down into the mattress.
    Anonymous