Are your kids allowed to watch the Harry Potter movies?

My oldest son is 17 and he loves Harry Potter. My twin boys are 12 and my daughter is 8. They want to watch Harry Potter too, but I think it's a little creepy, esp. for my daughter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• i dont let them because i dont allow things like magic, sorcery and the like in my home
    Anonymous

• I think it is appropriate for them to watch harry potter movies,especially your 17 year old and twins. I don't think its creepy and my 9 year old dd loves them. I especially wanted her to see the movies after we finished reading the books.
    Anonymous

• if you think it is too mature for them that is your choice. just for opinion sake your 12 year old and 17 year old are deffinately old enough to tell between right and wrong and whats real and not. if you are unsure let them read the books first they are always more detailed.
    audreyhv6207

Answer by audreyhv6207 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• The books are for 8-12 yr olds,so I think the movies are fine.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• My kids are. They've seen all the movies that are on DVD. They are 3, 7, 8 and 9 and have been watching them since they were toddlers. They don't get scared by make believe stuff. My 3yo actually loves scary stuff. She begged to watch Monster House 4 times in one week.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• My daughter is 7yrs old and loves the Harry Potter movies... Has 3 of them.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Hell yes my nine year old watched the first three when he was 5 or 6 and has seen the rest and my three soon to be four year old has seen them all as well. My nine year old & I have also read the first four books together.
    kendra1417

Answer by kendra1417 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Mine are and have been since the first came out in 2001. They were 10, 11, 13 and 15 at that time and have enjoyed the movies ever since.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I wouldn't let my son but only cause I think they look freaky, geeky, and weird. I don't want my son to be one of "those" kind of ppl who go to conventions and wear robes....I want him to be a man, not a wimp.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I am not okay with it because of the witch craft/sorcery that takes place and now there's this love of vampires type crap out there......all of this is just a way to steer the youth into the wrong direction
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Dec. 7, 2009