Easy holiday recipes?

Does anyone know of an easy holiday dessert recipe? I am NOT much of a cook, lol!

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Oh neither am I, but this is an easy and good one. Get a premade graham cracker crust, your favorite pudding, cream cheese, cool whip and cinnamon, and sugar.

Take the cream cheese and leave it out to soften, then in an electric mixer, mix it with 1/2-1 cup sugar (mother-in-law makes it with a cup, I do a 1/2 a cup) Then make a layer of cream cheese in the crust. Then make your pudding and add a layer of that, let it thicken a bit. Now the pie crust should be nearly full. Put a generous layer of cool whip on top. Then refrigerate it. Just before serving add a dusting of Cinnamon.

Now if you like you can add a layer of a complimentary fruit on top of the cream cheese. I like chocolate pudding with strawberries, or banana pudding with bananas. If you like nuts vanilla with your favorite chopped nut. You can also us a traditional pie crust.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Holiday-Wreaths/Detail.aspx
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 8:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Get a package of Oreos and a container of a mint ice cream - the green with chocolate chips or shavings, or pink with candies in, whatever mint ice cream you have in your area at Christmas time. Crush the oreos, mix in a little melted butter to 2/3 of the crumbs, and press into a 9x13 pan. Let the ice cream set til it's soft, and spread over the crust. Sprinkle the rest of the Oreo crumbs on top, cover, and freeze. You can do it with a store-bought Oreo crust too, it just won't use as much ice cream.

In a food processer, mix a package of Oreos & 8oz cream cheese. Roll into balls, and dip into melted almond bark, candy melts, chocolate, whatever. Refrigerate or freeze (thaw before serving). Oreo truffles! I'm making some this week with a variety of candy melts - dark chocolate mint, vanilla, dark chocolate, milk chocolate...yum!
    Anonymous