Who do you take out your anger on?

You know if you have a mean boss, a stubborn life ruining in law, unkind relative Etc... Who do you take it out on? Most won't tell off a boss, in law, rude person. But it seems everyone has a go to Yell at person!! Too many times I'm that. Some days I feel I just can't take it anymore! What do you do? If you know a loved one is Stressed. And you're their favoritre person to take out their frustrations on. Do you allow it?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 7:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I have no problem calling people on their inappropriate behaviour. If a boss is treating me unfairly, rude, or just in general wrong I will no doubt stand up to them. If a relative, neighbor, stranger is treating me wrong I will stand up to them. Nobody should be given free pass to treating you badly. I put them in their place.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Its usually my hubby (poor guy) or somtimes my mom.. Those are the two people i rant most to.. Im nicer to my mom then DH sometimes.. not on purpose i guess because i live with him and when im in a bad mood its just he is there . :(
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I call people out directly if they are treating me unfairly no matter their position or title. I am tactful with what I say to them but I do let it be known that I will not be treated as a lessor person than anyone else. No one should be treated as an emotional punching bag. Set him straight period, that you will no longer be his emotional outlet if he can not restrain his temper.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I'm pretty good about putting people in there place when they are out of line.

I used to work for these 2 horrible men who yelled at the employees all the time. I would tell them that being shouted at with swear words was not in my contract and they could come back and discuss the problem and solution with me when they calmed down.

With family, I just say, "Whoa, I love you unconditionally, but this is really not doing much for me liking you."

My SO never yells at me. I have yelled at him a few times since getting pregnant. But he just gives me this look like, who are you and what did you do with my woman? And it snaps me back to reality.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I think this is why so many folks exercise! They get to burn up that energy that they can't burn up any other way

Answer by admckenzie at 8:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I've been known to offer my boss (a man) a tampax when he gets this way and brings it to work, lol. Then I run and HIDE!
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2009