kinda worried

my daughter just had her first birthday party yesterday and im just kind of worried, she still isnt walking (shes been crawling for almost 5 months), she is constantly babbling she loves to babble but only says two words, mama, dada and I dont know if its counted as a word but baba...also she wouldnt open her presents she would start to act like she was going to and then she would try to crawl away..I just worry people are always saying how alert she is and they have said that her whole life, and they are always saying how curious and intelligent she is ..but maybe its because im a first time mom but I feel like she is behind ..I feel like she should be more advanced..is she where she should be? or should I worry

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she can stand for atleast 5 mintues on her own with no problems..she crawls everywhere like crazy, she can pull herself up on stuff and walk along it and even let go and turn around...but still wont walk
    Anonymous

• She is right on track. Not all babies walk at/by 1 year, not all have a big vocabulary. She sounds perfectly fine & normal to me - my girls were all doing that same stuff when they turned 1!
    Anonymous

• She sounds like shes on track to me. My daughter is 13 mths and didnt start walking tell 12.5 mths and she dosnt talk very much either she knows a few words but she babbles alot to and she wouldnt open any of her presents either I had to do it for her Im hoping she openens her xmas presents on her own.
    Anonymous