Do you have a special holiday item you put out & Love or Hate it?

I get sentimental over items!! We have a count down calendar. Out DD's would fight over who moved the mouse! Now no one moves the mouse! DD is an Artist & made a cute stocking that goes on the door knob! She did it when she was like 5!! Its so Cute! What do you love to put out? Or even hate if you have to put something out? I'd love to know! Thank you in advance for sharing!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 8:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• As my own boys are grown I find opening the ornaments bin a little harder each yr. We are raising the grandkids..so it isn't as if the nest is empty. All the ornaments from school painted plates with macaroni and glitter and school pics, Rudulphs candle cover made from the tracing of my sons foot and his hands are the antlers. "dough" cookies painted by each around the 2nd grade. The ornaments my Mom bought each year that have their names and the yr on them. The family ornaments we've added over time. My entire tree is hung not with a decorators style..but just memories and history. It is what makes it OUR tree.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• My favorite things to put out are our two nativity scenes. The first one is a mini scene that my Mother in law and step father in law bought for me in France the year I became a Catholic. It is simple but beautiful and I love thinking of how they debated over buying it and decided not to, then changed their minds and had to run off of the tour bus, go get the scene, and then jump back on the bus in a mad rush! It makes me feel so loved that they made such a huge effort thinking of me!

The second is nativity is carved out of olive trees and is also from them but it's bigger. It's also simple but very beautiful. It was a gift and I just adore it. Growing up I never had one at all, now I have two and I love them both so much!

My son is only 16 months, but I'm looking forward to all of the Christmas art projects that he'll make in the future!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I love decorate for Christmas! My favorite things are the things my children have made for the tree or the house when they were little. The bells with glitter, the glitter pine cones, the stockings with their names, but my favorite is the ordaments that have their first Christmas and year--my hubby and mine that has our first Christmas togetherl Everything I own for Christmas I love they are treasures that remind me of Christmas pass. And of course, the stuff I bought on sell last year and got a really really good deal on. Have a great holiday, treasure those moments with your daughter while she is young they grow up way to soon in a blink. Merry Christmas
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• there are all kinds of things - the styrofoam balls with coloured pins from oldest's preschool days, the coffee filter from my oldest and now middle dd's 1st grade christmas. all the things that the first did and now the other two are making.

there are some really hideous things that we put up too and just giggle about.

heck I got 'ugly sweatered' for christmas a few years ago. I faithfully wear that ugly sweater every christmas eve. lol its family....who says you have to look cool. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:52 AM on Dec. 7, 2009