What is the height and weight requirement for transfering to a booster seat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Most states it is 4 YEARS AND 40LBS. I wouldnt even consider it though at less than 6 years old going full time in a booster. Sure, strapping them in takes a few extra seconds, but it is SO worth the safety. Most kids arent mature enough to sit right in a seat belt younger than 6. You are trusting them with their own life. Better safe than sorry.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• 5 years old. 40lbs I think.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• It depends on the booster seat. You'll have to read the box, or the tag if you already have one. Our backless boosters say at least 30lbs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Most boosters say they have to be 30-40lbs. Most laws say they have to be in a harness type seat until they are 4 or 40lbs.
    We kept our kids in the 5pt harness until they were 40lbs (or close to it). That was when my oldest was almost 7, my son was 3 1/2, my middle daughter was 5. Our youngest is 3 1/2 now and in a booster but still using the 5pt harness in it. She's only like 32lbs so has a couple years before she will be big enough to use it as a booster.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:30 AM on Dec. 7, 2009