Vaginal pain in the last trimester?

I am 40 weeks pregnant and I have been getting extreme vaginal pains the last few weeks. It feels like either someone is stabbing me (in the vagina) or he is trying to stick an arm or something through. Sometimes they hurt so bad that I have to stop walking and cross my legs. Anyone know what this is or is going through the same thing??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im feeling the same thing and have been off and on for a few weeks now....its like sharp shooting pains....it dindt start off that bad but it keeps increasin and could only imgaine its gonna get as bad as yours is the closer i get to 40 weeks (im 34 now) my doc said it was normal its just the baby pushing on nerves and your vagina stretching and getting ready for delivery...good luck you should be delievering soon and i would think that would make it go away!!
    maddie12284

Answer by maddie12284 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Its just your body is getting ready to get that baby out...totally normal.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• 38 weeks and having the same pain. It really sucks! I talked to my doc about it on Wednesday and she said that it is normal. I guess it happens when the baby starts to move down. Hang in there. Its almost over!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:30 AM on Dec. 7, 2009