Is it true that if a man treats his mother well, he treats you well?

I don't believe in it. My SO treats his mother great(I hope) but is hateful to me. Why is that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it's true. Are you a nag? Lol
    Anonymous

• My husband treats his mother nice and treats me like SHIT!
    Anonymous

• Perhaps it has to do with being too attached to mom?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• No, I am not a nag. He is if anything else. He's always tracking me down and getting into my texts and phone calls. I'm the OP by the way.
    Anonymous

• I think its an old wives tale.. I mean my DH is great with his mom but even better with me so it could be true... but its probably 50 50 with whoever you ask. Why is he so hateful to you? you shouldnt put up with that :(
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I think it is true. My dh and his mom have a great relationship, he treats her great. He also treats me wonderfully. I also think that there is a difference between a man treating his mother nicely and have a good relationship with her versus being a momma's boy.
    Anonymous

• Whats OP? im new here
    Anonymous

• original poster.
    Anonymous

• Depends on how short the mother's leash is.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• My husband has a lot of respect for his mother and a lot of respect for women. I think that because he was raised by such a strong, intelligent, and loving woman his attitude towards women is very positive. My husband treats me very well and is very respectful and loving with me. I think that a man's relationship with his mother helps to shape his view of women in general - but there is a lot of room for individual personalities too. Maybe your husband has a very good relationship with his mother, but his translation of that is that no other woman can match up to her.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2009