What kind of desserts can I make for my DH who doesn't like sweets?

I made him a lightly sweetened, coffee-based one the other night and he LOVED it ^^! Made me so happy~

It was tiramisu.
So I was wondering if there were any other desserts out there that he might like. (Note: He loves coffee and tea.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• apple crisp (but cut the sugar in half), banana cream pie, coconut cream pie,
    there is a fluffy berry dessert I make it's tasty and not real sweet....pm me for the recipe
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:57 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• You could do something fruity like lemon bars. Most of the time they arent sweet like cake or cookies.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Cheesecake and maybe add coffee
    ZachsMom325

Answer by ZachsMom325 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Angel food cake with fresh berries.
    Anonymous

• divorce would be my answer. ha. jk. jk.
    make him a coffee cake with a cream cheese filling.
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Dark chocolate mousse torte! Use 65% cacao. It's not very sweet, it is rich but very light. Almost like a cross between whipped cream and ice cream. It has chocolate cookie crumbs on the bottom, not really a crust. (Nabisco Original Chocolate Wafers stay crisp more than sandwich cookie crumbs do.) Garnish with chocolate curls or shavings. My DH and I had it at a restaurant for our anniversary and now I make it for him sometimes. It is a crowd pleaser...or man pleaser dessert for sure! Message me for recipe.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Oops. I said dark chocolate mousse torte. I meant bittersweet chocolate mousse torte.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Fruit pizza. It's so good, so easy, and it is pretty light and not too sweet. The "crust" is kind of a shortbread, the "sauce" is a cream cheese icing, the "toppings" are whatever fruit you like, and then there is a glaze (made from fruit juices) to keep the fruit from going brown. I made one yesterday for a party and it was gone way before the sweeter brownies and cakes.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Homemade biscotti
    PurplWildFlower

Answer by PurplWildFlower at 11:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• My husband is the same way. His favorite thing is homemade yeast rolls with cinnamon butter.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2009