acough that i cant rid of

o have had a cough for 1 week now and everything i tried has not worked . its not a little cough but i mean hard core. do you know what it could be? and what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Health

• I've heard that something like that is going around here. If you are coughing up yucky stuff, go to your doctor since it is possibly a bacterial infection. If you feel that you can't stop coughing or that you can't catch your breath, then my thought is that it could be asthma, and again, go to the doctor. It's hard to say what it is, these are just guesses. It could be flu, of course. If you are very uncomfortable you may want to get it checked. Warm tea with honey and lemon is an old remedy for coughs. Gargle with salt water. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• im not bring stuff up only in the mornings is when i bring stuff up and i wheeze it is a pain and my chest hurts from coughing so much thanks
    Anonymous