emergency question please answer if u know anything about lyme disease asap!

is it possible to have lyme disease WITHOUT having the usual bullseye rash?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• You need to call your doctor's after-hours or emergency line, or call your hospital - NOT ask here.
    Anonymous

• my husband doesn't have insurance and about a month ago he was bitten by a tick- we didnt think anything of it but lately he has had flu like symptoms without the coughing and sneezing or fever and he has been having chills and after looking a few things up i realized he has the symptoms of Lyme disease but without the rash- and being that he doesnt have insurance he is refusing to go get checked up for fear of the tests they would give him putting us in further debt than we are already in- so i was looking for someone here who has had experience in this so i know if I should force him into going to the docs- even though your answer was NOT helpful i thank u for stopping
    Anonymous

• Call the ER and just ask

Answer by admckenzie at 10:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Yes, make him go to the doctor. If they catch it early, it could be treated with antibiotics. If you wait, it will be much harder to treat and more debilitating for him.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Yes lyme disease can be very tricky to diagnose sometimes. I know a little about it because I've been visiting a lady once a week who is pretty much housebound with advanced lyme disease. She was never treated when it happened because there were no signs or the signs were missed when it happened. It took years and years for her to finally get a correct diagnosis.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I was just thinking, I shouldn't just say yes about that. The only case of it I know is the lady who I visit and I don't know in her case whether she had a rash and missed it or didn't have a rash at all, so I don't know if one is looking for the rash if it's possible not to have one at all, I just know for sure that it can be missed.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:54 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Yes, not everybody that has Lymes had the bulls eye rash. My husband had it but he did have the rash, you need to go to a doctor ASAP to get diagnosed and treated. It can be treated early with antibiotics.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 10:24 AM on Dec. 8, 2009