ultrasound at "6"weeks showed nothing??

ok so i went to the doctors bc i took 2 prego tests both postive and he said i was about 6 weeks and to go get an ultrasound well when i went they didnt really see anything the tech said she saw a little dot but she couldnt say that it was a baby or if it was just fluid she said my the wall of my uterus was thick so something is going on i was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else

kanng83

Asked by kanng83 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I never got an ultras sound at 6 weeks....I thought that was to early to see anything...
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks 4 days with my last one because I was having horrible pains, anyway, the tech said that she couldn't see anything. I now have a beautiful 4 month old. Other than that I never had an ultrasound that early. The doctor always waited until 10 - 12 weeks to do an ultrasound because then you really do see something.
    Anonymous

• at 7 wks, they saw a teeny tiny dot. just give it some time. was it a transvaginal ultrasound?
    Anonymous

• it was i have had ultrasounds that early before and saw the sac and a little tiny dot im also high risk i had to take progesterone supplements in order to keep my daughter i have also had 2 miscarriages before her so i am kinda nervous it makes me feel alot better that you had the same thing and now have a 4 month old thankyou
    kanng83

Answer by kanng83 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• everyone is different i am 7 weeks and i had an utrasound at 5 weeks and they seen a tiny tiny yolk sac and my uterus wall was growing so they had me go back at 6 weeks 5 days and saw my liitle bean this is my 3rd with my 2nd child they didnt see anything till about 8 weeks good luck
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• im also on a 32 day cycle couldnt that also mean that im not as far along as they thoguht my lmp started oct 22 so... would that make a difference
    kanng83

Answer by kanng83 at 11:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• i had mine at almost 6 weeks and they could see the yoke sac at first and said thats all she could see she went to look at every thing else and she seen the baby which was like a dot but i know the baby keep moving and hideing she also said i could have more then one she cant tell right now cause it keep hiding and moving so just gave it a couple weeks and they might do another u/s and i know its hard but try and stay clam
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Dec. 7, 2009