I miss my baby

I dont have anyone to talk to How do you deal with those moments when your heart just aches to be with your baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Adoption

• I'm sorry honey. I can't say I know how you feel, but I can say that I'm sorry. Hugs
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Try keeping a journal. When you feel like talking to your baby write to him/her. Do it everyday or when you feel like it, it might help.
    I'm so sorry you're feeling pain and sadness. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I'm so sorry. you must have thought you made the right decision for whats best you you & baby. I'm praying for you.
    Anonymous

• Reconsider? Occupy yourself with work? Volunteer? Christmas shopping? IDK. But I wish you the best.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• then why did you give your baby away
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• PURPULbutterfly - Could you be any more insensitive?
    heydooney

Answer by heydooney at 10:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• seriously PURPUL- thats just wrong on SO many levels. you shouldnt have even responded to the question. OP- my heart aches for you. like another person said, you must have felt you were making the right decision- right now you're greiving and your feelings are ok to have, so have them. cry if you need to and do write in that journal. *hugs*
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 11:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Purpulbutterfly, I hope that one day you will share with us what is your personal interest in adoption. Has your family been affected in some way by adoption? If you are not an adoptee, an adoptive parent, or a birthmother, I don't understand why you continue to read this forum and post here. I'm sure nobody would mind if you would at least be respectful. Can you tell that this OP is in pain? She doesn't have to justify her reasons to you. I will ask again - will you please share with us what is your interest in this subject?

OP, I am so sorry. I can't say I've been through what you're feeling, but I am sad that you have to feel it. {{HUGS}}
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I just laid on my bed, hugging my stuffed puppy, and cried. I didn't have anyone to talk to either, no one understood what I was going through, so I just let myself get depressed and cried. I had a full time job to go back to after 6 weeks, so that helped in a way, working 8-10 hour days and going home exhausted. After a while, it helped to talk about her. A lot of people I worked with knew I was pregnant, but my adoption decision wasn't widely known, so when people would ask, I'd tell them everything, and it really helped. But, sad as it may sound, it's been 10 years, and it doesn't bother me really anymore. Granted, we have an open adoption and I can see her pretty much whenever I want, which helps, there are still days here & there that I wish she was here with us (hubby's not bio-dad). I hate to say you get used to it or get over it, but in a way you do. Make a scrapbook of anything and everything you have/get of her too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• PURPULbutterfly - you're probably also the type of person that would complain if she kept the baby and couldn't support him/her. What is wrong with you? I sense some bad carma coming your way!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Dec. 7, 2009