DF Deployed, Pregnant, And Feeling Unattractive....

So yeah, that pretty much sums it up...Just wanted to know if that's normal...I don't remember feeling like that with DD but then, alot of other stuff was going on, so yeah....He tells me I'm beautiful when we talk, he tells me....my pics turn him on, lol, he calls me sexy, blahblahblah all that, but I guess its just him not being here to show me he thinks I look that great....So Mamas....Am I normal? Seminormal? Not at all normal? Lol. I just don't FEEL pretty, or attractive anymore. And I'm only 4 1/2 months....I know it will probably only get worse. I don't ever go anywhere, don't have anywhere to go, so I don't fix my hair, or makeup, don't have him to "look good for" and i know I could for myself, but why waste the little energy I have just to look good for myself.

Sparta.

Asked by Sparta. at 10:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• there is only one reason to waste the energy, when you feel attractive you feel better, which gives you more energy. even if you are just going to the grocery store. don't get down on yourself, I was married to a military man and I know it is hard, he was deployed twice. even if you are just vacuuming the house or doing the dishes don't do it in your sweats and tshirt. actually put on your fave maternity jeans and a cute top and your shoes. I find I actually have more energy when I put my shoes on. I know it sounds wierd but try it a couple of time. I'm sorry you are going through this and if you want to add me to have someone who has been through deployments go ahead. Good luck.
    spcjones_83

Answer by spcjones_83 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Anytime I go out, like to visit my family, which is rare, or drs appts, wic appts any of that I do put on a little makeup, and try to make sure my hairs looks cute, even though its always up lol. Don't have any maternity jeans lol but he bought me some bellabands on ebay as a present and they are on their way. As for the shoes, I'm supposed to wear shoes all the time because of leg issues I have from a bad car wreck, but I'm totally a barefoot kinda girl, at least in the house. Barefoot and pregnant hyuckhyuck lol. I will straighten my hair tomorrow though, just to try your suggestion, not to mentiion dd has a drs appt lol. But still haven't fixed it since he left 3 months ago, so it may help. And I've always felt cute and comfy in shorts, or pj pants when he was home, but I guess that's cause he was home lol. I know I just had negative things about all your suggestions and I totally didn't mean to. Thank you for your help tho
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 11:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• No, its ok, even if you are a barefoot kinda girl (SO AM I) I still wear just flip flops (if you can for your leg issues). I LOVE bellabands they are amazing. I haven't baught any for this pregnancy but an instant fix...tube tops...wear them just under your bra and they come down farther on your hips for the same fix...I just use a black one, it goes with everything. I'm gonna send you an invite. I hope things go well for you tomorrow. Remember, pregnant is beautiful to everyone...
    spcjones_83

Answer by spcjones_83 at 12:43 AM on Dec. 7, 2009