feet wont grow??

Im kind of wondering what normal foot growth is like in babies..my daughter is 11 months old and she is still in a size 2 shoe..it really seems as if her feet have stopped growing..like they been the same size for the past 4 months if not longer

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• all kids are different.

my oldest's feet have been growing since she was born (much to the dismay of the bank account) - just had to buy her new shoes because she outgrew her new school shoes (from a 1 to a 3 in 3 months)

my middle dd has been in the same size for almost 2 years

and the youngest has steadily growing feet....kind of inbetween the other two.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• my son was so little when he was a toddler, I was afraid that he would end being little in adult life, now he is 12 years old and he is 5'5 and wears a man size 12 shoe! So I would give it some more time, maybe ask your doc if it makes u feel better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Some kids have small feet...
    But as far as growth my son was in size 4 shoes for the past 6 months... he's just outgrown most of them and he's been wearing them since he was 10 months... but he almost completely passed size 3's
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:41 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Oh, just wait. My son had tiny feet for the longest time, and then all of a sudden they grew and didn't stop - I couldn't tell you sizes but his feet doubled in length within a couple of months, and they're still going. My girls always went in stages too - they'd stay the same size for a while, and then all of a sudden have a major foot growth spurt. Don't worry about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• they say that children feet grow a size every three months... But i work for Stride Rite and I see the kids with little feet everyday! Also, if she hasn't started walking be ready for growth when she does. I have a 6 month old who is already in a size 3.5. No child fits any rule, and as long as there is nothing else wrong (eg.. stop walking, a slow in other growth.) dont worry about it. Just be happy you dont have to buy shoes every three months, or in my case every month and half. Also, i know it sounds funny but children grow faster in the summer than the winter. They get more vitamins from the sunlight.
    Anonymous