15mth old ate poop!

My 15mth old son ate some of his poop this morning... I called the DR and he said not to worry about it, just keep an eye on him, and then he laughed. Lol. But Ive been looking on the internet and Ive seen in some other forums some moms saying that this could be deadly or make babies very sick. It was his own poop, and he didnt eat very much , he was in his playpen in the kitchen were I was doing my hair for church and I had my back to him for a few minutes and turn around and he was smearing it everywhere .. ugh... but im concerned that he could get sick.. any other moms been through this? What happened? and medical mommies out there with advice?

Auntiemom410

Asked by Auntiemom410 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Did you know your poop is actually cleaner than the saliva in your mouth? He should be fine. BTW - I got this from a proctologist (an anus and rectal specialist).
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 11:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• my daughter ate hers when she was 13-14 months. She's fine just turned 16. LOL.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• He'll be fine.
    Anonymous