Is a roomba worth it?

I'm thinking it would make my life so much easier, but want to know if they really work or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I've wondered the same thing.
    Anonymous

• They are almost like more of a toy...they do not have good suction power, so will not get nearly the amount of dust, dirt and debris from the carpet. However, if you're that inclined to NOT vacuum regularly, and if watching a little thing roaming around your house is appealing to you, it just might be your gadget.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I don't use one and wouldn't bother, but my mom has both a roomba and a scooba (or whatever the mopping one is called)! It does a good job for her, but she let's it vacuum 3 times a week so the debris build up isn't to big. I only find it a pain because I end up accidently smacking it and turning the thing on when at her house.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I just received the 560 model for Christmas and LOVE it!!! We have hardwood floors throughout the house - and a 100lb. hairy and constantly shedding dog, 2 long hair cats, and a 2 year old.

It's a tad noisy on the hardwood floors so I have it scheduled to clean our 1st floor at midnight every night. The sound is a little more quiet than your average hair dryer set on medium/low. It leaves it's little charging station all on it's own and vacuums the whole 1st level of our house while we sleep.

Half of our house is being remodeled so our floors are a little dustier than normal and I find it doesn't pick up actual fine dust very well (I've only ran it 3 times so far though) but it picks up all the dog and cat hair,all the cereal my toddler drops everywhere,goes under all our furniture just fine.Even gets in between and under all the chairs in the dining room! And what a saving grace with all the pine needles from our Xmas tree!
    Mommi229

Answer by Mommi229 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2009