Do you ever get irritated when everytime you have something someone else wants it too?

I can't eat or drink anything in my house without either a child begging for some or my husband decididng he wants it too!!! It's EVERYTIME! Maybe it's stupid, but it annoys me. I don't mind sharing sometimes but it seems like it's getting rediculous! Is it just me it bothers? Or is there someone else out there that feels like this sometimes!

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 12:07 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you are not alone! drives me crazy. I avoid getting things because of that. It annoys me most when they already had or have the same thing I do!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:11 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• That is why I snack after they go to bed. lol My husband just goes and gets some of his own. I understand your frustration though. Yesterday I couldn't even drink my ice water by myself. It gets better when they get older. My oldest rarely tries to get bites of my food.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Oh, I totally understand! It's called being a mom, lol, and that just goes with the territory. They will eventually outgrow it, for the most part. It goes away altogether when they move out.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:13 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• But see my HUSBAND is doing it! I eat a pretzle he wants one,I have a pop he has to have one,etc etc etc!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:26 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Yes. I feel like this a lot. I started hiding in my bedroom when I want a treat, pathetic I know, but it's the only way I can snack in peace.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:28 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• you know you can always hide goodies in the tampon box and hide out in the bathroom for awhile, lol, I discovered years ago the best hiding spot is the tampon box....who is going to check it anyway?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• It's one of the only things that I seriously hate about being a mom. I'm not a stingy person by any means, especially when it comes to my daughter, but damn it sometimes I want to have something just for me. MINE! Sometimes I get really irritated and I say "No!" and even if she doesn't cry, I feel bad, so I give a little bit of what I have. I've resolved to saving the "good stuff" until after dd has gone to bed LOL
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 1:52 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I get irritated, yes. Whatever I eat, my son (4) wants to eat it. I can give him his food first, the same food I have, but it tastes better off my plate, I guess. I figure it's all a part of the "mommy's never gonna be fat 'cause she can't eat" plan.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:06 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Imitation is the highest form of flattery.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:22 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2009