If your friends husband was IMing you...

Would it make you uncomfortable? He is actualy my best friends brother, but I know his wife. He has cheated on her before...We all went out last weekend, and now everytime I'm on facebook and he is too he IM's me. He doesn't say anything wierd...he did ask when I was going out again. I just dont know what to say!
So is he just being friendly?..or....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd be cautious, and not let the conversation get out of basic talk. Ask things like "How's your wife?" and keep the conversation short, sweet and plain, if not boring.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Hell, tell him that he makes you uncomfortable....or just be friendly, don't say anything you wouldn't say to another guy friend that you have. And if you feel he is crossing a boundary, don't be afraid to tell HIM.
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• You don't want to get mixed up in that drama!! Seriously, men are never "just being friendly". I hate to say it but...
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:42 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• If he's giving you that "creepy guy" feeling, it's probably for a reason. Trust your instincts because they are most likely right. I would just keep things short and sweet with him. You don't have to be rude but try to send a clear message that you are not interested.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I always drag my husband into the conversation, and say oh me and "Gomez" are going out on Friday, maybe the 4 of us can plan to do something soon, I'll talk to [wife's name] about it.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:47 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• you don' t need to tell him it makes you uncomfortable.. just find a way to let his wife no.. like..oh by the way.. your man (name.. of husband) im'd me on facebook....something like that.. and let her handle him
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:47 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• If you are uncomfortable then tell him you prefer not to chat with him.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:48 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Yea, when a guy adds me on FB, I always add his wife or g/f if he's in a serious relationship he's not a serious friend or friend from way back in school sort of thing..
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:52 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• When I first read this I thought, he's just being friendly, but I don't know. I talk to my husband's friends, but I do always mention their wives because I don't want them to think I'm hitting on them. I wouldn't ignore him or tell him he's making you uncomfortable, because next time you go out that could be uncomfortable! What if he is just being friendly? I agree with previous posters, I would just always mention my husband or his wife and leave it at that. Good luck!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:52 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• and let your hubby answer some of the txts from your phone so the guy knows there are no secrets between you two!
    Seven07