High Calcium Level in Blood...and pregnant

I'm eight weeks pregnant and I recently took a trip to the ER because I was vomitting all day and had an awful migraine. They gave me 2 IV bags worth of fluid and gave me Zofran for the nausea...but the big concern is that they told me that my calcium level was high. As in 10 is normal and mine was 13, very bad...especially when you're pregnant. I'm going in tomorrow to have my levels checked again to find out if this was just a one time fluke or if this is something that needs to be treated.

Has anyone else experienced this and what was done as a result? I'm very nervous as I understand that a calcium level so high (without having anything done) puts you at great risk for miscarriage. Please help!!

JessNash26

Asked by JessNash26 at 12:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sweetie do not stress over this..Stress is not good when pregnant especially this early...Just go to your appt. knowing that they will take good care of you. I will keep you in my prayers and hope things go good for you as well.. Please let us all know how your appt goes. May God bless you..
    sleepless2009

Answer by sleepless2009 at 12:57 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I'm going in to get my labs redone today, the doctor didn't sound very concerned...which is always a good thing. And then I've got an appointment on Thrusday to go over the results. Keeping my fingers crossed everything turns out ok :)
    JessNash26

Answer by JessNash26 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Good luck. I hope things go great!
    sleepless2009

Answer by sleepless2009 at 1:49 AM on Dec. 8, 2009