What to expect at my 20 week check up?

I already found out what were having so this is just a check up tomorrow but I really dont feel like shaving everything lol so Im wondering if this is just a tummy check up and not an internal exam. Like will he just listen to the babys heart beat and thats it and possibly measure my belly? I think measuring the belly comes later but I really just need to know if he will be doing anything down there cause if so then I have to shave and I really dont want to cause Im being lazy right now lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I hear ya! Shaving is nearly impossible at this point (38 weeks). You shouldn't have to worry about another exam until they check you for Group B strep around your 36th or 37th week.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:53 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• OP.... Omg, good thank you so much for answering.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Trust me once you get to the point you cannot shave down there it wont matter to you if you have to get checked. They dont care what it looks like there, they just want to make sure baby is ok. They should actually start measuring you from here on out, but unless you have any complications those exams should be over until wk 36... :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Why do you feel like you need to shave that area for the doc?
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:17 AM on Dec. 7, 2009