Baths

Does anyone know how long you should wait to take a warm bath after having a baby? I had my son 3 weeks ago and the dr said to wait untill i quit bleeding, and am just wondering because it is so light you can hardly see it and i my back is killing me from the epidural.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know for sure... probably 6 weeks, it seems like it's the golden number for most other things.
    I would try a hot shower and a heating pad
    I wouldn't think your back should still be hurting... I would have that looked at
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:16 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I laid in the warm water at 3wks pp..It helped with the pain..I wouldnt advise you to actually wash in the water, but soak for a bit and then take a shower and wash. I did this and my dr told me it was ok as long as I took care of myself down there...You dial soap to when you wash, well it at least helped me, didnt burn as bad. Congrats to you and good luck, I know your pain..
    sleepless2009

Answer by sleepless2009 at 1:21 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I was taking baths the same day, in the hospital...unless you had a c-section, there's no reason to wait, you'll just have to stand up in the shower after to wash off. I was never told to waith with baths. They recommend them at my hospital, to help with bottom pain too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I need to add - don't use any bubble bath or anything, just plain water. Soap when you shower off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• my doc said showers untill the bleeding slows down....like 2 weeks for me.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2009