Why is my poop green?

What the hell did I eat? Why does this happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Depends...what did you eat? Happens to me sometimes when I eat something with icing. If you can't figure out to pinpoint to something you ate and if it continues to happen, I'd call your doctor.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:26 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Many of things can cause your "poop" to be green. I would make a call to your dr though. My friend had this happen to her and she let it go and few months later she regretted the news the dr gave her. Think of everything you ate and sum it up and if you cannot figure out what you would of ate that would turn it colors, call your dr..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Did you eat or drink anything with blue, purple, or black coloring or dye in it? Those are the biggest cuprits. If I remember right from health class, it can also be an over-production of bile in your stomach? But I'd be inclined to guess something you ate or drank in the last couple/few days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Too much iron can cause green stools. Many women who take prenatal vitamins can experience this. Or it coud be something you ate or drank that had too much dye in it. I know when I drink purple powerade my stools are usually green. Gross I know but it happens!
    keileensmom

Answer by keileensmom at 1:36 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• the only time mine gets green is if i drink purple grape juice or a grape gatorade.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• How about eating spinach
    palomino33

Answer by palomino33 at 1:47 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Blueberries....it can make your poop green.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:00 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• When I eat too many blueberries I poop green.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:22 AM on Dec. 7, 2009