Can I get a false negative on an over the counter pregnancy test if I am taking antibiotics?

Today is Dec.7,2009.. I was due for my period on the 1st of December. I haven't had it yet. Sometimes I get my period a couple days before or even a few days after my expected period day but it never goes past 5 days. And there is no sign yet. I took a pregnancy test last night and it was negative. Could I still be pregnant? I am freaking out!!! If there's a Doctor...HELP!! or anyone willing to share information!! THANKS!!

mommie611

Asked by mommie611 at 1:22 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I was on antibiotics when I got preggo. I had to have mouth surgery done so I took a test to be positive I wasnt b4 I got drugged..It said neg...Well at the end of the month I still hadnt had my period and my husband made me take another and well I was 6 and half weeks preggo..Take another one or go to your gyno and have a blood pregnancy test done...It has proven that is easy to get pregnant while taken antibiotics...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I haven't had sex while on the antibiotics. i just recently started them. Last time my husband and I had sex was at the end of November. He is back on base now and I started my antibiotics last wednesday (dec.2)..
    mommie611

Answer by mommie611 at 1:30 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Antibiotics will not give a false negative.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2009