My house stinks! How can I get rid of the odor??

I burned a heating pad in the microwave. I know, stupid. I put it in 1 min longer than what your supposed to and it set on FIRE! I ended up throwing out the microwave but the house STINKS! We opened up the windows and the doors but it's COLD! and my baby's sick so I closed everything up and turned the heater back on. Any suggestions, candles, spray, anything!

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 1:24 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Lots of candles and spray maybe even keep a window cracked. I had burn lids in my dishwasher, I know thats odd, well it can happen and it stunk to high heaven in here...just use loads of spray and candles..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• use febreeze on the furniture and use a vent near a window
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• try washing the walls with vinegar and leave alot of baking soda and vinegar in bowls all over the kitchen, that may help soak up the odor. keep a window cracked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• The enzyme cleaner Nature's Miracle will handle stink in the air. You can spray it like Febreeze. It's more natural.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• If you have carpet, sprinkle baking soda on it as well as have a bowl of it on the counter. You could try vinegar washing the walls, just make sure theyre not sticky when youre done.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:25 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Some people living in apartments are not allowed to burn candles.  Boiling a pot of cinnamon tea may also do the trick. Some of the non-toxic, all natural sprays out there work too, but all of these items really just cover up the smell. Good smelling paints might do the trick as well. All in all though, the real key is to dig down and clean! Good luck and if you are ever in need of great apartment or home related articles...I get a ton of info from ApartmentTherapy, ApartmentHomeLiving and Organized Home .  Ah the internet is a great place to find solutions. OH! I just remembered one more smell good trick that I use from time to time. In my carpeted rooms I

ApartmentLife

Answer by ApartmentLife at 6:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2009