should i have another child or not?

My DH and I have been together for 4 years. we had a miscarriage june 2007. we have a living child june 2008, and last week had another miscarriage. now, my dh always said he never wanted a kid, but after the first miscarriage, i was literally needing a baby or i would probably have killed myself because of the depression (it was my 2nd miscarriage, but our first as a couple)...He loves our son, and he is both of our worlds... like everything we do is for him..and he is spoiled to death, he has everything.. now my question is.... my dh used to say he wwould try for a 2nd child in hopes for a girl, now he says our son is enough..i want 2 kids..i need 2 kids. i dont want my son without a sibling, especially after we pass on. i want him to have family. i think if we had another, he would be thrilled, boy or girl.. he says he doesnt want to have another cause i only want a boy but lately a girl would be great 2. would u ttc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• he should be more understanding and agree with u. its better 4 ur son to have a sibling too.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 2:14 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Just give your husband a little time to process the loss and then discuss it with him again. Maybe it's just too soon for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• if your husband is not on board, it would be a mistake.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 2:26 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Either way boy or girl he will have a sibling and thats all that matters, a healthy baby should be your goal, not which sex it will be... that's not very reliable... If you can support another child then go for it, i know how you feel, except I'm probably more crazy, I'd have a dozen if i could.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• well, as you know, after being married for a few years, you both need to be in agreement on things ,especially when it comes to something as major as extending your family. because it is going to take both of you to raise the children, etc. Maybe give him some more time and ya'll talk things out, dont make him feel rushed. --you know how men are. They dont like to feel forced or that they arent getting "their" way. but if you can get him in a agreement, he will feel better about it. I would think. This is just coming from how my husband is.
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 12:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• (op here) my DH is a truck driver..we have a nice income as in, if there is something i want, i just go buy it without a second thought, our son has everything he needs and enough for about 5 more kids..lol.... I'm a stay at home mom. and yes, above everything, i want a healthy child, but that's given, but if i had my choice, i would want a boy...im not girly by no means..i just think our family would be final with another boy.
    Anonymous