So its my first day of school and I am already stressed out!! ( need to vent)

Y do family members have to be so negative?! I mean shouldnt they be happy for me? Im at the computer ready over some material and my grandmother walks by and ask me what Im doing. I said school and she blows like yeah whatever. What is wrong with her? i need to be in school! I am a single mother and i am having my second little diva in february. I cant work at walmart forever!! Y cant people just support me?

twogirls2010

Asked by twogirls2010 at 2:29 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in

• You are aiming your vent in the wrong direction. "Grandma, why aren't you being supportive of me?"

Answer by rkoloms at 5:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Do what you have to do for yourself and your children. Don't let anyone else's opinions get to you. I applaud you for going back to school and wanting to better yourself. Keep it up mama!
    lilmama2be

Answer by lilmama2be at 8:23 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Why don't you ask why grandma is being so negative? Does it really matter what she feels? All that is important is that you are proud of yourself for going back to school to better yourself and your children. Learn to lean on and support yourself. Could it be that she is not upset or supportive of you going back to school but the fact that you are a single parent of one already and became pregnant with another one?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• aw you go to college for your babies and thats awesome! I am in a Radiography tech Program. BUT I have had my share of negative thoughts! I don't have a ton of support and I have three kids...Its extremely hard but I am doing it with pretty good grades too:) Its very stressful though but worth it!

GOOD LUCK! Many moms on here are in school so I suggest maybe using them for some support! It does not replace your family lack of support but helps....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2009