C.S Lewis???

What's the deal with this guy and Christians? I guess, what is his role for you if you are a Christian? i'm just confused as to why he's a big deal.

-Faithful4ever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are times I think some Christians worship him more than they worship their God. I didn't enjoy his books even when I was a believer and I detested the way every Pastor I had used his stories in their sermons.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:02 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• He wrote books on apologetics. He went from an atheist to a Christian and was a bit of a mystic.

I really don't know why Christians like him so much, other than that. He did say a lot of pretty cool things.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• He did say a lot of pretty cool things.
    ---------------
    What she said! He's no big deal to me other than writing one of my favorite books (Mere Christianity).
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:53 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I dont even know who he is
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:37 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I dont even know who he is.

He wrote the Chronicles of Narnia.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:50 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• OHHHH Really? I feel like a dork now!!
    Go me. Its ok I even just found out that the person that wrote Holes is the SAME person that wrote wayside school is falling down. LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:56 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I dig his Narnia books but the one that got him the worship of so many apologetics was his book "Mere Christianity"
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• he wrote lots of books about Christianity. ive never read any of his non-Narnia books, so i dunno how he is as a Christian author.

i did get to see a great documentary type thing that used the works of CS Lewis, Freud, & Darwin (i think those were the guys) to prove/disprove God. it didnt prove/disprove anything (like it could), but it was great to see the way they used each mans writings. the panel of alive ppl was great too thou i cant remember their names.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:25 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• no clue who he was, never saw chronicles of narnia, i'm a christian.
    Anonymous

• never heard of him.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2009