has our baby ever gnawed on his crib?

today when i went to get my son after he woke up from his afternoon nap. i saw that he had gnawed on his crib. little speckles of wood were all over his face. i called my mother and she said she had never heard of a baby doing this. i check the cribs manufacture and thankfully there products are all lead-free. and i also called the dr and he said that my son would be fine and gave me some things to look out for. i was just wonder if your child or heard of anyone else's child doing this.

smb87

Asked by smb87 at 3:30 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh yeah...one end of my daughters crib is gnawed. Looks horrible. Very normal!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• You can get a cover for the rail

Answer by rkoloms at 5:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• It is normal I tease my 6 year old now and tell him he is part beaver LOL.
    When he started to get more teeth I would see the crib chewed up LOL.
    Even with a cover he found a way around it

rkoloms that isnt what she asked she asked if anyone elses child does it
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:46 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• yeah my daughter did the same thing when she was teething. and the crib is like that on both sides, but its not extremely bad I have my three month old sleeping on that crib it just looks like a light scratch. But you did the right thing calling the manufacture and the MD
    cditren

Answer by cditren at 6:03 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• my son did it when he was younger too lol. i put a plastic rail guard on it (that's actually what they were made for, go figure!) and he started trying to gnaw at that too!
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 6:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• my son did that, too. but he didnt chew the side rail, he chewed on the other rail, the shorter one, and they have no plastic covering for that, lol.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 7:09 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• yup....all three of mine did it. by the end of that crib (it was passed down from the cousins to mine) about 6 kids had gnawed on it.

it was like a mark of passage to leave little tooth marks on that crib. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:54 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Yes, my son did it too. He even did a bit on his toddler bed.
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• My son has never done that but my friend's son did all the time.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 10:01 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Yep....there is a trench across the end piece where he drug his teeth back and forth....
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:56 PM on Dec. 7, 2009