Any good gift ideas for a 15yr old girl that's NOT an I-Pod or a Laptop?

My oldest of four wanted an I-Pod touch and I planned to get one for her until she got grounded for something she did a few weeks ago. She's not grounded anymore, but I said she wasn't getting the I-Pod and if I don't keep my word I'm afraid my threats will become meaningless. Besides, her B-day is in Feb, and I plan to surprise her with it then. But that still leaves me @ a loss for X-Mas. I have a list of stuff for my 3 little ones, piece of cake, but for my oldest? I have NO idea what to get her. Any gift ideas moms?

Dmommy4

Asked by Dmommy4 at 6:46 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• If you go back on your word, you should explain to her that you made a rash decision out of anger that was excessive, and that it does not reflect on the fact that whatever she did was still wrong and punishable.
    If you decide on a different gift, is she going to be grateful and understand that gifts are just that-- gifts? They are things undeserved, given out of love. If you suspect that she will just be disappointed and be angry that you did not get her the iPod Touch, I would be much more concerned about her immaturity in accepting her punishment, and really being grateful for the things that she have been given, then I would be about trying to appease her mood.
    squish

Answer by squish at 4:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Clothes, shoes, makeup, movies, and music are what comes to mind.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 7:07 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• One year when I was a teenager my mother got me a bunch of gift cards for stores I liked to shop in and then we waited until the after Christmas sales and we hit the mall together. I loved spending time with her and I got to pick out the things that I liked plus we got great deals.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:26 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• What does she like to do? Is she into hair and make up? Have her hair done, highlighted and cut. Give her money and let her pick out some of her clothes at the mall. There has to be a few other things that she would like.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 7:27 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I was going to say the same beckcorc did. Gift cards plus after holiday sales = amazing!!!!!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 7:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Money and gift cards are nice, but then you don't really have anything untill you get to go shopping.... Alotta girls are into the coach purses, Ugg boots, maybe and upgraded cell phone??
    Sharde88

Answer by Sharde88 at 7:33 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Give her a gift certificate to the gap
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 8:09 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I give the teens on our list 4 tickets to the movies and a gift cert for pizza at a near by pizza place. they can go to the movie s with friend (teen can treat if they want to) and then go out for pizza afterward. Teens love to do that
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:13 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• The gift cards are a great idea. We usually do this for my older children because all of the things that they want seem to go on clearance right after the holidays and they can get more for their/our money this way.
    kristi95

Answer by kristi95 at 8:15 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• A reasonable digital camera so she can use to take pictures of her friends.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Dec. 7, 2009