I need some dinner ideas for the food that we have.

We have a bag of chicken strips (raw unbreaded)
Chicken broth
Veg oil
and flour
This is all we have besides greenbeans peas and mashed potatoes.
I have to think of something to make with this stuff for the next 2 weeks.
it is just my husband and me , our baby is to young for real food just yet.
Please any tips or ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• chicken pot pie is my suggestion. Boil some of the chicken strips, then cut them into bite size pieces. In a skillet, heat a cup of the chicken broth and a cup of water to boiling. Take a portion of the liquid and mix it with a tablespoon or two of flour and combine well. Add back to the broth pan and mix well. Simmer til thickened. Add in the chicken and some of the green beans. Peel the potatoes. Cut into quarters. Boil and make mashed potatoes. Put the chicken and gravy mixture in a 2 quart casserole. Top with the mashed potatoes. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or so til the tops of the potatoes are lightly browned. You can divide this up into individual servings and freeze then just heat when you get ready to eat it. Also if you have even $2, a bag of rice would go FAR.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Do you have ANY eggs and seasonings? This is what I do with my chicken strips...You can adjust the recipe to make due with what you have and to cook just for you and hubby, then serve the green beans and taters as a side.

I find it best to slice the thawed chicken breasts into strips or "nuggets" before starting the following.

In a large bowl:
    Put the boneless chicken in desired sliced method
    2-3 large beaten eggs
    1/2 cup evaporated milk or buttermilk
    season to taste with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, a generous amount of Paprika or smoked paprika for smoky flavor, cumin powder. For spicy, use some cayenne pepper and/or chipotle pepper as well.
    Stir the chicken, eggs, dairy, and seasonings well, cover and refrigerate for at LEAST one hour.
    Use the flour for the breading.

Fry until cooked through.
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 8:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• No Nothing. That literally is all we have.
    No milk no eggs no seasoning except pepper.
    Our fridge is empty . ALl we have is 2 slices of bread in it
    In our freezer is the chicken
    That is it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• i'd say chicken noodle soup, you got your broth and chicken (cut up) but i see you may not have noodles. how about a noodless chicken soup with potatoe dumplings? (yes there's such a thing as potatoe dumplings).

if you need milk, i'd subsitute water but funny how you dont have any seasonings.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:03 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I say do the chicken noodle soup, but sub dumplings for noodles. or fry up the chicken... have you hit up local churches/food banks/DSS for help? They usually have a lot of donations this time of year.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 9:21 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Go to allrecipes.com they have a screen you can go to and type in what you have and what you don't and they give you recipes based on that. Hope this helps! Good luck!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 10:07 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Thank you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Dec. 7, 2009