I need some dinner ideas for the food that we have.

We have a bag of chicken strips (raw unbreaded)
Chicken broth
Veg oil
and flour
This is all we have besides greenbeans peas and mashed potatoes.
I have to think of something to make with this stuff for the next 2 weeks.
it is just my husband and me , our baby is to young for real food just yet.
Please any tips or ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• try calling some churches and see if you can get a food box...I had to do it once- I think it was a Catholic church that saved us
    do you have anything you can pawn for a few dollars or sell? I have sold cd's in the past and pawned a certain ring we have more times than I can count so we could have gas money or food.
    Good luck
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:43 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• You don't have any money? I would say buy some lettuce and have a slad with grileld chicken on the top.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 9:12 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Do you have rice? You can make a stir fry with the strips, add peas or green beans and some soy sauce & chicken broth and serve over rice.
    Make chicken pot pie. You'll have to precook some strips, make a gravy or add a can of cream of potato soup, add veggies & put in pie plate lined with a pie crust. Top with 2nd pie crust OR you can make biscuit dough with the flour and roll it out and put it on top of the chicken mixture OR you can make up the mashed potatoes and put those on top.
    Make chicken stew and dumplings.
    Make chicken strips by dipping the strips in an egg/water mix, then rolling in mashed potato flakes mixed with a few spices. Bake at 400 until done. Serve with veggies.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:19 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• No we have no money , If we did I wouldnt have to askfor tips.
    We cant buy lettuce we HAVE NO MONEY
    I am sorry that we have next to nothing I was just wanting some Ideas to make this chicken we have last 2 weeks to pay day
    We have no rice.
    We litterally only have chicken peas green beans mashed potatoes and veg oil
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• you never mentioned not having money, so you need to calm down with the attitude especially because we are only trying to help. A head of lettuce usually cost less than a dollar anyways, i'm sure you have come change in your couches somewhere. Last time i answer one of these questions...
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 10:36 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• But I said this IS al we have
    If I had moneyh I wouldnt had to ask for advice of what to do with chicken for 2 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• We dont have couches
    I have a rocking chair and my husband has a big folding chair.
    No change in the car because we pulled that all togehter for gas
    Our pay was less this past check
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2009