Why do you think it happened this way?

Why is it that some people find people with kids but without the BM"s in their lives.
Why couldn't I have been that lucky even though my man is the best dad I have ever met :). But what I am trying to say is why couldn't it have happened to me this way? His sister met a guy with 3 kids and she has 2 kids anyway they hook up got married all things r great but his ex does not want nothing to do with the kids.(so no c/s there) then his daughter meets a guy who has 1 kid and the ex gave up all her rights to him...I mean wtf? Oh and my sil (little sis) she doesn not charge her ex any c/s bc she feels sorry for him....How come I did not get an exwife likes these ladies instead I got the total opposite. Why do you think it happen that way...strange...it does make me wonder...hmmm? but it is no big deal just wondering. Thanks for listening ladies :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow, what a selfish person you are. Why would you want your step kids to be without their mother who cares for them? I understand that an ex-wife can be a hassle, but she is their kids mother!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Anon, sometimes its best that the absent birthparent (whether it is the father or BM) is just that - absent. My xH was in and out of my DS1's life (his child) for 5 years, when i finally got fed up with his constant lying and the drug use and disappearing acts... so even though xh has been trying to "be in his child's life" for the past few months, I have said NO! Sometimes its what is best for the children.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 9:19 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• If I were you I would be wondering why you couldn't find a man who didn't already have kids or an ex-wife rather than why the ex-wife is or isn't involved and/or creating a hassle for you. Just saying, there is that no drama alternative.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I agree with anon....why not try to find a man that hasnt been married before and doesnt have kids? Thats just less baggage coming into your relationship with him and the less the better!
    I know you cant always help who you fall in love with but if it were me and I were single and looking for a man, id be trying to make sure he was with as little extra baggage as possible....kids with other women, those other women and the details and drama of the past relationship with your man is a LOT to deal with sometimes, why put yourself through that?
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 10:37 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I think your priorities are screwed up personally.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:58 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I am getting more bull than I expected all I asked was a simple question can you atleast put yourselves in MY shoes and see how you see it in that point of view...I am just wondering. There is never a day a person can ask a silly/stupid/weird question without someone ruining it. Damn you woman the ones that seem to always JUMP THE GUN!!!
    Anonymous

• I know what you mean! I'm married to a wonderful man who has a son from a previous relationship and I do find myself wondering sometimes why she has to be in the picture. But I don't overthink it and just accept the fact she's always going to be "around". I love my dh and my ss so I just accept the fact the drama is there and go on. Its really all you can do. :D. (Btw I don't think you sound selfish or wrong for wondering and letting your mind wander to that "what if" place we all have in our heads)
    Anonymous