• In the Spotlight:

Should I be worried?

Okay so I just had my 20wk ultrasound on Friday and when the lady did the ultrasound she said that my placenta was low and in the back but it wasn't covering my cervix. I guess what I'm wondering is has anyone else heard that and if so how possible is it for it to end up covering my cervix?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, you have no reason to worry. Having your placenta low and to the back isn't a problem at all. The plecenta can form all sorts of places. WIth this third pregnancy of mine, my placenta is low and to the front and with my previous one it was high and to the back. It's a good thing that your placenta is not covering your cervix; it means that you don't have placental previa. When the placenta covers the cervix it is a problem.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:30 AM on Dec. 7, 2009