food

ok i need some meal ideas we have been eating out alot b/c we are tired of having the samething all the time i have a 3 yr old and a 16 month old what are some good meal ideas thank you very much

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you thought about fish? It's really easy to make and good for everyone (especially little ones, since it's full of Omega 3's) I like doing fish that I know doesn't have a lot of mercury in it. Wild caught Alaskan salmon and tilapia are my favorites. Last night I broiled tilapia fillets (on high for 6 minutes about 4 inches from the top of the oven) with a bit of butter and cumin on it. It's really good, and mild enough that picky eaters won't mind it. I just flake it up and put it in rice with beans for my 23 month old. I also roasted some asparagus (350 for 15 minutes) with olive oil and garlic. It was a really good meal, and I got it all together in less than a half hour.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Homemade Pizza. I make my own crust (yeast, warmwater, sugar & flout), buy the sauce, & use a low fat mozzarella. We top with whatever veggies we want. DS (2 yrs) loves pepperoni, mushrooms, & peppers on his pizza.
    irishmama1007

Answer by irishmama1007 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2009