How long does it take...perm?

I have naturally curly hair but it's going thru a grow out stage and so it's just naturally curly frizz until it gets longer. If I straighten it, how long does it take for it to go back to normal?
I like my curls just not at this length so I would like to have it straighter until it gets longer.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 9:20 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• If you get a chemical straightener, it wil be permanent on the part that is straightened! If you want curly hair why not get a body wave to redirect the curls and tone down the fuzzies, talk to a stylist for some tips, but trust me if you get it straightened then when it starts to grow you have half straight half curly hair--good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:37 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Thanks. I just don't have the time to use my straight iron everyday (takes 45 minutes since it's thick)
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• You may want to ask your stylists about a soft curl perm. A soft curl perm is where they will first relax your hair making ti straight and than immdeiately reperm your hair to take out frizz and rejuvenate the curls.
    EliseMichelle

Answer by EliseMichelle at 2:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2009